[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]What is web hosting?
If you’re asking this question, then you’re probably just getting started online. I bet you’ve read a ton of answers to your question and I’m sure that you’re more confused now than ever before.
Setting up an online business is really easy if you have all the facts.
Let’s say you want to get an office space for your business. You would normally:
• Rent a space – Subscribing to a web hosting account is the same as renting an office space, but online.
• Your new office will naturally have an address – And your new online space will need a domain name so people can find you. Domain name registration is usually done during your hosting registration.
• Furnish your new office space – This is similar to designing your website.
• Ensure your office is arranged for free movement – Optimizing your website is necessary so it’s user-friendly and easy to use.
• Lastly, you’ll want to place a sign outside – Sign boards attract customers. But online, you’ll need to market your website on social media communities or by paying for Ad spaces.
As you can see, the flow is almost the same as getting a physical office space. If you look at it this way, it’ll be easy to wrap your head around web hosting.
Now back to the question…
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is the place where your website files are stored.
Files like your images, videos, scripts, etc, are only accessible when they are hosted online.
Just like having a home and address, your website hosting provider is your landlord and your hosting account is your home.
People type in your domain name on Google or Bing and boom! You’re found.
Depending on what type of website you plan to set up, your hosting provider will offer a backend dashboard so you can upload your files to their server.
Below are some popular hosting providers. Click on each to view a review of their services.
|Best Website Hosting Solutions||Basic Hosting||Hosting Services|
|A2 Hosting||Starting as low as $3.92 monthly||Read our review|
|BlueHost||Starting as low as $3.45 monthly|
|SiteGround||Starting as low as $3.95 monthly|
|iPage||Starting as low as $1.99 monthly|
|Liquid Web||Starting as low as $69 monthly|
|FatCow||Starting as low as $3.15 monthly|
|Just Host||Starting as low as $4.95 monthly|
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][rs_space lg_device=”5″ md_device=”” sm_device=”” xs_device=””][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”Conclusion”]
This post is for beginners and business owners who want to know what a website host is.
It is very basic… I know.
But, it will get you started online.
If your business model is more complex than what a regular CMS can handle, then you may need a different hosting solution from our list of 7.
You will also need to create a hand sketch of your website idea for a developer. Check out this post on paper prototyping and wireframing.